An Angel has come to visit


I love to mooch around reading other people's blogs when I am supposed to be working.  Often what catches my eye is a beautiful illustration or a great photo.  I started to read Flora Jamieson's blog; Through The Round Window because of her love of Pipi Longstocking and on seeing a photo of a decaying cottage that I sort of wished I lived in.  I noticed she had a Folksy store and loved her designs, I don't think I notice they were stained glass at first.  I thought I wasn't a real fan of stained glass, but I still enjoyed her blog.

Every year I buy a new 'special' Christmas ornament, the tradition used to be I'd buy it on a shopping trip to Liberty with my friend, Sam.  But no Liberty trip this year I'm afraid and I thought I'd get something from Folksy and support a designer maker.  So I went back to Flora's store and got the angel above.

She arrived yesterday and is so beautiful, the photo just doesn't do her justice.  I am now looking around the house for an excuse, any excuse, to get more stained glass.  I have even cleaned my windows today (after taking these pictures) just so my beautiful angel looks her best.


1 comment

  1. Wow, she is gorgeous! I'm going to go and have a look at the Folksy shop. I love a bit of stained glass too, there is nothing like it for throwing colour around a bit and warming up a window. Love all your Xmas crafting too, the Santa loo roll creation is a marvel! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top