Autumn Leaf Crowns

kid'e felt leaf crown

Now that Autumn is here my walks in the morning have that extra acoustic quality - crunch, crunch, crunch...
Fall, leaves, fall; die, flowers, away;
Lengthen night and shorten day;
Every leaf speaks bliss to me
Fluttering from the autumn tree.
I shall smile when wreaths of snow
Blossom where the rose should grow;
I shall sing when night’s decay
Ushers in a drearier day
                                      by Emily Bronte 

kid's felt leaf crown

And while Emily wrote poetry to while away her autumn, I make felt leaf crowns.

Mrs Fox's sells the crowns on Folksy for £12.  They are made to order, so the colours are ever changing and every one is unique.  Each felt leaf is hand cut and stitched.  Reinforced with webbing so they stand nice and straight.  Tiny seed beads adorn the stem of the leaf as it joins to the headband.

I rather love these crowns, secretly I prefer them to the flower headbands that we also make - but, shhhh, don't tell anyone.



Mrs Fox's Felt Leaf Crowns - £12 +p&p on Folksy

2 comments

  1. Oh wow! Gorgeous, pinned this straight onto my Kids Style Notes Pinterest board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I love making them, especially this time of year. You should see our little felt foxes, I'm making more of them today.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top